Bradford West Gwillimbury, Ontario
Bradford West Gwillimbury is a town in County of Simcoe, in south-central Ontario, Canada. The town of Bradford was amalgamated with portions of the former Township of West Gillimbury in 1991. It includes the communities of Bond Head, Coulson's Hill, Dunkerron, Pinkerton's Corners, Newton Robinson hamlet, Green Valley, Deerhurst.
The Holland Marsh is located partly in Bradford West Gwillimbury and is a wetland and argicultural area lying within the valley of the Holland River. The Holland Marsh is 21,000 acres and known for it's furtile soil to grow vegetables such as onions, celery and carrots.
The village of Bradford was incorporated in 1857 and was named after Bradford, England. It was completely distroyed by fire in 1871 but rebuilt to become a major centre for the area. West Gwillimbury takes its name from the family of Elizabeth Simcoe, nee Gwillim.
Each summer Bradford West Gwillimbury holds Carrot Fest in downtown Bradford. The event includes a large vendor market and various live stage entertainment.
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is a thriving community of over 35,000 people.